Call our office today at
WE CAN HELP YOU TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT OF DEALING WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANIES! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEM! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND!
WHAT IF I WAS IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT ?
Unfortunately, studies show that most of us will be in an auto accident at some point in our lives. The only question remaining, is how bad will it be?
The following are important things to remember if you are involved in an auto accident:
1. Seek treatment as soon as possible.
If there is a chance you may be seriously hurt, you should go to the Emergency room at your local hospital. There they can rule out fractures and life threatening injuries.
2. If you are still experiencing pain and discomfort a few days to a couple weeks later, than you should come to our office to find out if you have any structural damage.
NOTE: The longer you wait after an accident to come to our office, typically the longer it takes to get you better.
3. Most auto insurance companies have what is called Med Pay. This means that your bills will be paid up to 100% up to a certain limit. Our office can check that for you.
4. If the accident was not your fault. The other party's insurance should cover your health care expenses in our office. We do all of the paperwork for you.
5. At the accident scene, get as much information on the other driver or drivers as possible. An accident report by Police is always helpful, but not required to have a case.
6. You should never settle with an insurance company before you have had us evaluate your injury for you. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved, you will be completely on your own and will have to pay out of pocket for your care.
7. Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult after an accident. We have a number of reputable and highly qualified Attorneys who we can refer you to for a complimentary consultation. Hiring a reputable Attorney essentially takes you out of the direct bargaining process with the insurance company and all the paperwork and phone calls associated with that and lets you concentrate on healing.
8. Injuries sustained after an auto accident if left untreated can lead to spinal degeneration and a host of other problems for years to come.
FINAL NOTE: We find that many people involved in an auto accident that WAS THEIR FAULT never get treatment.
This tends to be due to the fear that their insurance will go up after a claim is filed.
Your PIP (Personal Injury Protection) is why you have auto insurance in the first place.
Many insurance companies will not raise your rates after 1 or even 2 accidents in the same year.
THE INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CAN CAUSE A HOST OF PROBLEMS FOR YEARS TO COME, OR EVEN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO COME IN AND GET CHECKED.
Call our office today at (734) 677-0111.